Ok, I think I can help here.

You want to stop windows from seeing that drive? Just disable it in the bios. I know windows wont detect it then. I dont know quite how linux will respond through. I think linux wont care but the bootloader might.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 8:43 PM
Subject: [newbie] Wierd Windows Hard Drive Problem.

Specs: 40 GB Western Digital Hard Drive IDE, Primary Master
10 GB Western Digital Hard Drive IDE, Secondary Master

40GB Partitioned into 18, 8, 8, 8 all Fat 32
10 GB Partitioned into 250MB (swap) 8 GB (/) 1.75 GB (/root)

Windows recognizes 40 GB partitions fine. It also reads the different
partitions as one large partition and allows me to read from the device as if
there were nothing there. I dont want access to that drive because Linux is
on it, and I am afraid I will ruin the partitions some how. Windows says I
have a 10GB hard drive there, it doesnt read the seperate partitions. Its
wierd.

I just want to not load that device in windows.
Any help greatly appriciated.
~Lance