On Thursday 22 February 2001 08:47 pm, Meph Istopheles wrote:
> >   alias tdate="rdate -sp time.nist.gov && hwclock --systohc"
> >
> >    if you put that line at the end of the file,  /etc/bashrc
> > and then su to root in a terminal while connected to the net,
> and run 'tdate'

>   Uh, I think you mean rdate (the "r" for remote)...?
>   Meph

   no Meph (?), look at my alias,   tdate -> rdate.  'course you can
give the alias any name you want.  Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought
the original problem was a mismatch of less than an hour.  Getting the
time off a Net server with 'rdate' and then syncing the software clock
to the bios (hwclock --systohc) in one step fixes that.
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever.
  Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay