If you printer has been set up to print from other apps via LPR or
CUPS, then all you need to do is print as postscript (don't choose a
driver for your specific printer). The print daemon will use its own
driver to translate this to a language that your printer understands.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson