Well, as you can tell, I'm a newbie to Linux. I have a few problems with this OS. First and foremost is the Mandrake Update thingy. Its possessed by the satan, I swear. First, it lured me into thinking that it worked correctly, then it turned on me! I don't know what it did, but the whole system now refuses to update anything, even if I pull it through a different packaging application. The do the same thing it does, slow the processing speed down to nill and crash. The only thing I haven't done is un-install the Update application, but I don't believe that's going to help me at all. Is there anything I can do aside from a formal destroy all/take no prisoners?

KC