From: dan.burrows [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 3:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] burning linux mandrake 7.2

hi all

this is my first post and probably a silly question but i need help... so be
nice now.

i have managed to get my house mate who is connecting to the net via a cable
modem to download the mandrake 7.2 iso file for me. now i am unsure of the
bruners specs or model (as it is not mine) but apperntly it does not support
RAW burning?

we tryed to use nero (dont know which version is not mine again) to burn it
cd but it doesnt recognise the file type.

we have found an iso buster program from the net and it seems to break it
down
in to the individual files. but after talking to a hard core red hat guy ho
sometimes passes me in the office he thinks that it may alter the file
permissions to windows ones therefor making them useless??

how do i get these images to disk?

and before anyone says buy a copy i may do but i feel it A: defets the point
of having a free operating system if you are paying for it. B: i am not
callenged by it and C: learning more about linux and windows relationships.

thanks for any help any of you can give

dan