On Wednesday 28 February 2001 05:24 pm, Robert Reed wrote:
> I'm trying to recompiling the kernel using:

   What kernel? on what LM version?

> $ make dep && make bzImage && make modules && make
> modules_install

   Several missing steps.  See page 3 below, but you should prob'ly go
thru the whole kernel install section

> But however, I get an error saying something like I
> can't target 'dep'.  Stop.
>
> Can someone tell me what this means, and how to fix it?

http://mandrakeuser.org/install/index.html

Page One: Do You Need A New Kernel? / What You Will Need For A New
Kernel [July 06]

Page Two (RPM): Installation / Checking System Configuration / Checking
LiLo Bootloader Configuration / Checking GRUB Bootloader Configuration
[July 06]

Page Three (Source): Kernel Configuration / Kernel Compilation And
Installation / System Configuration / Configuring LiLo / Configuring
GRUB [Jan. 03]

Page Four (Troubleshooting): LiLo Errors / Module loading errors [Apr.
26]

--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship