Hi Ron...

I don't use SO so I can't help directly -- but here are a couple of links
that should help. The first is for the Mandrakeuser.org site that discusses
CUPS printing generally:

        http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hcups0.html

The second talks about SO specifically:

        http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hcups8.html

Paraguay, eh? Interesting. I was in Venezuela a couple of times last year and
I am hoping to go to Guyana this summer. South America is amazing, a whole
other world...

Buenos tardes!

M.

--