> I am debating to get a usb CDRW or get the IDE interior drive.  I have two
> questions:
>       1.      How do I get my LM7.2 system to recognize the USB Burner
>       2.      Any advice on which is the better buy...interior or exterior?

I don't think cd-writing on usb is a terribly good idea.. Could be wrong
though :)

>       3.      What are the speeds 4x4x6...vs....8x4x32, etc relative to....I am
> having trouble
>               understanding how to judge relative speed....is a 4x4x6 fast enough ?

The first number is write-speed (cd-r), the second is rewrite-speed (cd-rw),
the third is read speed. 1x is the "normal" cd-speed, which is about 300 kps,
or 74 min to burn 74 min of music/650 mb data. Mulitply the speed by those
numbers. Ie. 4x4x6 means 1200 kps for both writing modes, which means about
18 min to burn a full cd. Reading would be at 1800 kps.

Keep in mind that your system must be able to feed the writer with data at
that speed (normally not a problem, but stranger things have happened),
unless it has burn-proof technology (pause writing on buffer underruns).

Gerry