Hi....

when you install an rpm, the rpm will check for
dependencies on your system that are installed, but
will not check inside the rpm to see if the files are
there to be installed as a module dependency.

To solve this problem
type:

mc

browse to the rpm file. select it and press F3 and
then manually install the files.

HTH,

Thomas Adam
re: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- DRX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >      I have been
trying to install
> XFree86-4.0.1-28mdk.i586.rpm, using the
> command rpm -i filename.  This failed because of
> three dependencies.  The
> first two dependencies are libXaw.so.7 and
> libXfont.so.1, which the error
> message tells me are needed by XFree86-4.0.1-28mdk.
>
>      Searching at rpmfind.net, I found that those
> two libraries are
> included in the XFree86-4.0.1-28mdk.i586.rpm
> package.  How can it say that
> there is a failed dependency when those two
> libraries are included in the
> package?  How do I get around this?  How do I
> install XFree86-4.0.1-28mdk?
> Thank you for your help.
>

>      DRX

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): [EMAIL PROTECTED]
e-mail (yahoo) : [EMAIL PROTECTED]