hi all !

i am using a alcatel 1000 adsl modem on my mandrake 7.1 linux box.
i build up my connection over pptp.
no problems establishing connection, but after an unpredictable amount of
time my connection drops.
it doesnt always happen, sometimes my machine is 3 h online, sometimes its
only 1h.
when i look at system console there are no error messages, it just seems
that the connection was shut down properly (without me causing it)

it just says :

pppd : LCP terminated by peer
           connection terminated
           connect time blah blah
           sent ...........bytes, received ......bytes
           exit

i understand that the connection was dropped by my isp´s server but i dont
know why; i know for sure that there are no "server side" connection
timeouts from my isp.

is there an option somewhere for the pppd that configures an idle timeout ?

and what is this LCP thingy ?

thx in advance,

--quay

-Quaylar-
Icq# 30932448
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<! Knowledge is power >
For confidental email plz encrypt with PGP