If you hold down the ALT key you can drag the window around no matter where
in the window the cursor is (assuming you use kde).

Btw, if your monitor/gfx-card is able to show higher resolutions than 800x600
you probably got some settings wrong somewhere.. Try running mandrake's
x-setup again and select "show all modes" (on my pc it only showed up to
1024x768, but 1280x1024 worked fine), or run xf86config and enter the
resolutions manually.