On Wednesday 07 March 2001 01:10 pm, Jay needs a Guinness wrote:
> In this day of political correctness we always have to be wary of what
> and how we say it.  I, for one, am NOT politically correct.  I refuse to
> be offended by what anybody says on a mailing list and my suggestion is,
> if you are offended by a comment (or my signature line...remember that
> one) just ignore the comment or delete the offending message.  Stop
> flooding the inbox with ridiculous replies about how you feel about it,
> for it is redundant and uncalled for.

    Amen!  The best thing to do on any public mailing lists is ignore off
handed remarks, sarcasm, insults, rants, etc. as much as possible.  It's
even more ridiculous to keep responding to out of control threads with
'stop this thread' posts.

    The best way to get any obnoxious member to settle down is to ignore
them.  Often they get the message and become valuable members.
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship