i'm only stabbing in the dark, but i'm guessing that you mean that you want
to boot the win2k bootloader that then offers you win2k or win9x, is win2k
like other versions of win and picky about being on the 'first' hard drive?
if so what about getting grub to map the hard drives from first and second to
second and first respectively?

this may be tosh but then again...

bascule