Yes, this is true, and even known to me. But, the military did create the 24hrs clock system.

----- Original Message -----
From: Kipling Cooper
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 5:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] 24 hrs -- not just for the military

* Shane Roppel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [07 Mar 01 18:23]:
> I'm not big on the whole military time thing here... could someone tell me
> how to change the time format kde2 to 12 rather than 24?

FWIW, the 24hr clock is used by many who work shifts, such as
medical staff (like my mother) and railwaymen.  I guess growing up
with it, I never figured counting to 24 caused such discomfort.

For reasons unknown to me, French Canadians also seem to prefer the
24hr clock.
--
Good Hunting!
Kipling+