At 13:57 12.03.2001 -0500, you wrote:
>crap
>
>I meant I can access myLinux machine through telnet, ftp and XDMCP from my
>internal network, however I cant do any of it from the internet.  I want
>to be able to do it.  I have pmfirewall installed, but I also have
>fbuilder installed, and it might be fbuilder however I have no idea how to
>get rid of it(fbuilder) and any scripts.
>
>(My linux machine is my connectionr(firewall) to the internet
>
>Thanks
>
>Nadin

i once installed pmfirewall, i think its just a nice config utility for
ipchains.
i cant advise u how to set pmfirewall to allow ftp/telnet but i can tell u
the direct way to do it:

these commands will allow *anybody* to ftp/telnet into your machine from
the internet :

ipchains -A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -p tcp --dport 20 -j ACCEPT

these 2 are for ftp (port 20 is ftp-data)

ipchains -A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -p tcp --dport 23 -j ACCEPT

and this is telnet, u can simply add these 2 commands to your
/etc/rc.local, however i would recommend to read the ipchains howto and
build a *custum* firewall to your needs, its important to really understand
what u are doing when building a firewall.

unfortunately i dont know what XDMCP is so i cant tell u the ipchains rule
to allow it, maybe someone else can help here.....

greets,

--quay