I finally got a Linux distro installed on my newly built system. I played
with a bit and was very impressed more so that it finally installed and
loaded the desktop like advertised.

My problem is that I want to connect to the Internet and update 7.2 if
needed. I put the CD in the tray and tried figuring out how to find ppp
daemon which Linux tells me is missing and needed to configure my Internet
connection.

I also need help with setting up my modem. I have a Creative Labs Blaster
modem and it is not listed within Linux. There is a name there but nothing I
recognize. Remember I am a complete newbie I have no clue about command line
within Linux or familiar with the tech talk most of you use when dealing
with configuring Linux.

Also on the plus side I was very very impressed on how Linux recognized and
installed my HP 682C printer faster than Windows and Macintosh; this is
through a parallel port connection which is why I was so impressed. The test
page was very clean and although I was a bit skeptical with the problems
with CUPS so many users have had.

Thanks in advance.