On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:43:33 -0500
"Robert F. Trettel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> I just had callwaiting put on my phoneline.
> My Question is how and where do I tell Kppp about it??
> I have touch-tone ,so the *70, will work in Windoze.
> My ISP doesn't have a script. All I had to do before was
> to put the proper Telephone number and Kppp did the
> rest.
> Is this the same now or what??

In your Kppp setup add the *70~ to the _FRONT_ of your ISP's phone
number.
That should fix it.
The ~ indicates the modem should wait for (usually) 1/2 second before
continuing the dial string.
Check your modems user manual for details.
You may have to experiment with the length of the delay by adding extra
~'s into the string

Cheers

John
---
                         Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)