From: James carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [newbie] Slowly getting there!
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:41:49 -0800

Alright, thanks for the help guys, I am now able to get into the
desktop. I used XFdrake, and was able to access the desktop. The only
problem is, I can only use it in 256 colors! Whats up with that? All
the other settings don't work! I really don't want to be stuck with
only 256. Is there anything I missed here?
I have a ATI Mach64GX video card. All the settings are available, and
I can choose them, but all I can get to work is 256. I know my card
is capable of doing more than that, I have it set to 24bit here in
(yuck) Window$ and it works flawlessly. Soon, I will stop bugging you
guys with questions :)

  So am I outta luck? Or is there something I can do?

  Oh ya, also when I boot Mandrake, I get a bug error right away, and
all my icons disappear!!!   Hmmm

   Thanks,

  James

-- James carlson, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 03/15/2001