hi,

I upgraded cups to 1.1.6 yesterday and got the jobs printing again, I dont
have printpro installed, and no error were reported in software update
interface. I'm using KDE 2.0.1 yet. I curious stuff, in my system when the
printer stops working properly, I have to remove any printer configuration
from cups database and configure again, it starts working, otherwise I just
got the message "lp is not ready" from a test printer task!

I hope it helps!
Jose