howdy -- if i understand you correct, you want to take an existing fat32 and convert
it to ext2, yes?

i have done this in the following way --

run diskdrake and find out exactly which partition i'm dealing with, such as hda4
then i used diskdrake to change the partition type (fat32 to ext2) then i formated the
drive.
exit diskdrake
open /etc/fstab in my favorite editor
remove the old line for hda4
write a new line for hda4
exit the editor
reboot
go to /mnt and delete the folder where hda4 use to mount at.

that worked for me & i'm sure there are other ways.
i don't think MDK has any way to "autodetect" these sort of changes.  if you don't
change the fstab, i image the system will still try to mount your newly created ext2
partion as a fat32 partition.  but maybe i'm wrong about that.

hope this helps you some.

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Wayne Alexander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3:51:31 PM 3/15/01 >>>
I have a 3 gig partition I would like to give to linux to use (currently
vfat) and was wondering as it is mounted already as WINDOWS, if I was to
change it to ext2 would I have to messa round with my fstab or would MDK7.2
pick it up and make the appropriate changes for me?  Would this cause any
problems with my system?

Thanks,

Wayne