On Sunday 18 March 2001 06:12, you wrote:
> hi all !
>
> i have a question regarding the upgrade of LM 7.2 to 8.0
> right now i have my linux server set up with 7.1, i was just thinking about
> upgrading it to 7.2 when the advice came to my mind that i was given a few
> weeks before on this mailing list. that was that i would have to completly
> weep out the partitions when upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2.
> now if i re-install 7.2 from scratch - forced to do all my config again - i
> dont want to repeat this when then upgrading to 8.0.
> has somebody experience with upgrading from 7.2 -> 8.0 ?
> does it work properly or would one be forced again to completly wipe all
> partitions ?
> i dont want to do all the work twice .....
>
> thx
>
> quay
>

> ------------------------------
> -Quaylar-
> Icq# 30932448
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <! Knowledge is power >
> For confidental email plz encrypt with PGP
I found that upgrades never work as advertised.  If you have your /home
partition separate from your /, /swap, etc. partitions, you do not have to
wipe all partitions, you can keep /home intact.  Do a clean install, it will
give your PC that "oh-so-fresh" feeling.
--
Jay
~May the enemies of Ireland never meet a friend~