Hi there,

I would like some help with soundcards and Linux.  Here's what I did...

logged in under root
typed in sndconfig
it recognized a sound card saying Equinox and some numbers
it then said it wasn't recognized by Linux and then quit

I did this
typed in sndconfig --nodected (or something like that, can't remember
it was a few days ago)
looked for my sound card, which is the SoundBlaster 128 (PCI).
It was listed, I selected it, it said gave me some selections and it
did NOT work.

Does Linux support a ISA sound card...I am thinking of getting the
SoundBlaster 64 ISA card to save a PCI slot for a network card I am
getting.  I know they make a SoundBlaster 64 PCI.  Will it work with an
ISA card?

Thanks

=====