I just had a similiar problem two days ago with my Linux4Windows. First my mouse went a little screwy then my monitor went into suspend mode. I reboot it through the reset button on my box and booted back into Linux. No problem.

The next day I wanted to play and learn a little bit more of Linux but never got pass the initial boot process. As soon as the Kdesktop was about to load up the system crashed again. Monitor flashed "suspend mode" then later it stated "check connection".

I tried several times to boot into Linux, this was the first Linux distro I was able to load into my pc, but never got pass startx.

I tried clicking the uninstall button but was given an error message about a component missing. I just dragged the whole Linux4Windows folder into the trash bin removed mbr and rebooted. Now Windows is the only thing that boots up.

I like Linux just as much as Macintosh and Windows but frankly, they all are screwy and have their short comings. Linux is just younger than the other two but I don't see it as more stable, it might have problems with hardware mostly because of proprietary limitation but I find it as stable as Windows and Mac. I am still going to install a Linux but this time I want it on its own harddrive. The drive I was using was intended for my homevideo editing hobby.