Hi All,

I am (very) happily running mandrake 7.2 on my PC (i586), using USB support
for my scanner (epson 1240U) and my monitor (!) (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro
900U). Plus I'm using an old AT Keyboard.

I have just acquired a very very nice keyboard by Apple, the Apple Pro USB
Keyboard. It works fine under "that other operating system". The BIOS is set
to detect a USB keyboard. And it works fine in grub too....

However, I can't see how to get it working under Linux Mandrake itself.

I have no idea how to make it work: Should I be modifying XF86Config, or is
there a utility under Mandrake like xdrake that will allow me to set the
keyboard from AT to USB? xdrake --expert lets me set the graphics card up,
but doesn't let me decide what kind of kb i have.

If I define the keboard protocol as "USB" in XF86Config, do I need to set the
device to something like "/dev/usb....". if so how do I find out what?

I have also found some info searching the web which implies by having USB
support defined (for use with the scanner etc), I will knock out the
underlying "inbuilt" support for USB keyboards.

If anyone has any experience of getting a USB keyboard to work with Mandrake
7.2, after having started out with a standard AT keyboard, I'd be very
intersted to know how you got it to work.

thanks for your time and help,

Andrew Sova