Quaylar wrote:
> hi all......
>
> i am just about installing 7.2 and theres one REALLY
> annoying thing going on : whenever i come to the point of
> choosing which packages to install, i choose from the main
> packages and
> i know when counting the MB´s in brackets i ALWAYS get
> below 1 GB. now whatever i choose - regardless if i go back
> and deselect packages - mandrake ALWAYS tells me that
> it could only install 65 % of the packages i chose.
> why the hell does it say so ???......i know for sure that
> the packages are below 1 GB (and i do have a 1029 MB
> drive).
> this is driving me crazy, its hell to add all the different
> packages i lack later...
> i first tried a text only install and there it worked
> without any problems !
>
> Furthermore the text-only install doesnt provide a
> partition utility whereas the gui does---why ???
> i was only offered to decide between the existing
> partitions or the hd i wanted to install mandrake to.
> now i have 1 IDE and 1 SCSI disk, i wanted the / system to
> be on IDE and /usr to be on SCSI.
> but mandrake only allowed me to put the whole system EITHER
> on IDE or EITHER on SCSI
> ( and it created the partitions itself - it didnt ask me if
> i wanted to create them myself ! - btw i was in expert mode
> !) this is really disappointing, those things make
> installing mandrake a pain !
>
> has anyone else experienced those things ?
>

> --quay

Quaylar....you and the installation program simply disagree
as to how much free space is necessary for a newly installed
system to be a viable one.  The way around this is to install
the software you want on the system that doesn't get
installed by the installation program by hand after the
installation is complete.
--
Alan