Hi,

Have you partitioned your remaining 10GB before you
tried to install Linux Mandrake???

On the CD is Partition Magic which should help solve
your problem.

If you need anymore help, let me know...
Regards,

Thomas Adam

--- Peter Guzikowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
Hi

> I'm trying to install 7.2 on an AMD Thunderbird with
> an ASUS A7V mother board. I have a hard drive where
> 20 out of 30Gb are used for Windows, which is
> working just fine. I have saved the remaining
> unpartitioned 10Gb for Linux. When I try to install
> 7.2 however, I get the following message when I
> reach the point in the installation program where
> I'm supposed to partition the hard drive and set up
> the filesystem: "An error has occured - no valid
> devices were found on which to create new
> filesystems. Please check your hardware for the
> couse of this problem". And then I can't do anything
> else than just exit the install. I've tried to boot
> directly from the CD, from a boot disk, I've tried
> to run text mode install and in expert mode, but
> nothing works.

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): [EMAIL PROTECTED]
e-mail (yahoo) : [EMAIL PROTECTED]