Hi there,

I am having problems with my soundcard.  I currently have a PCI
Soundblaster 128 sound card.  According to the manufacture (and others)
that it will work with Linux Mandrake 7.0.  I did run the program (in
super user mode) called sndconfig and it does it's check and it says it
is (in a box)

            Model: Ensonic|unknown
      device 1274: 5880

Then on the next screen it says it is NOT supported.  I then did a
#sndconfig --noprobe

I then select Ensonic AudioPCI (Soundblaster 64/128 PCI) then I get
this error message:

        The following error occured
        running the modprobe program:

        /lib/modules/2.2.14-mdklinux
        /misc/es1370.o: init_module:
        Device or resource busy

Then when I restart my system it gives me the same error message with
[FAILED] in nice red letters.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?  If it means getting
another sound card, I will accept that option, but as a LAST RESORT.
Another problem: Recently I tried to run Netscape through and it won't
load up any pages.  This only happens during when I am under my name of
richard for my login, right now I am typing this message in Netscape
using the root directory login and I have no problem.  I can always
create a new login name and delete the old one if that is all I have to
do, no biggie.
Oh yeah, one more problem is that my scanner is recognized by Linux
(SCSI) but it doesn't know what it is.  It comes up with garbage for
the type, it is plugged in AFTER my zipdrive.  My zipdrive I have no
problems with what so ever.  It says my zipdrive is direct access while
the scanner as sequential access.
Thanks for any and all help with these three problems, I would greatly
appreciate any help.

NOTE: FOr the soundcard, I did a complete re-install on my system
(including formatting the drive.
Richard Wegner

=====