> it looks like mandrake didn't come with traceroute, it that
> true aor am i just not looking for the write file....

  It ~is~ there, on the CD.  I was a little disappointed finding
that few of the basic (necessary, imo) networking tools aren't
installed on the quick 'n easy install.  But not a problem, I
think it's in the RPMS directory as networktools or something.

  Open your DrakConf, go to PackageManager & look through all the
stuff.  You'll find numerous things you'll want to install & even
some things installed you'll want to remove.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux