I've got a problem with installing my ISA ESS1869 soundcard. My PC
configuration is M/b Intel 440-BX, 128 Mb RAM. I install Mandrake Linux
7.2 Odyssey. When I run HardDrake 0.9.3 and look for soundcards I see
ESS ESS1869. But after I start KDE Media Player there is a message
"Error-Kaiman Connection to soundserver failed - make sure that artsd is
really running". What does it mean artsd? Then I look into HardDrake
Other Devices.
I see ESS Control Interface with following information:
Vendor : ESS
Model : ESS1869 Control Interface
Kernel Module : Unknown.
Bus Type : ISA
Information : This device hasn't identified by HardDrake, please send a
pnpdump output and this device ID 'ESS0001' to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
What does it mean "pnpdump output".
Also I see unknown with following information:
Vendor : Unknown
Any suggestions?
Nick Zarubin.
Model : Unknown
Kernel Module : Unknown.
Bus Type : ISA
Information : This device hasn't identified by HardDrake, please send a
pnpdump output and this device ID 'ESS1869' to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]