Hi,

What is your default run-level when you boot into
linux?? If my memory serves, I think that runlevels 3
and 5 start up network devices. You can check if this
is so by looking in "/etc/inittab". This should then
laod up all your networking devices.

Does this answer your question??

Regards,

Thomas Adam
re: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- "Jeffrey P. Jolma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > Hello.

> After logging in I am unable to use the network at
> all (for email or web browsing).  I get errors
> saying I am unable to find the necessary servers
> when I try to use netscape or an email client.  I
> can fix this by using DrakConf.  I go to "Network
> and Internet configuration" then "configure local
> network" and keep pressing "ok".  Then it asks me if
> I want to restart the network.  I click "yes" and
> then click "done".  From this point the network
> works great.  But I shouldn't have to go through
> this every time I reboot.
>
> How can I prevent having to do this each time?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Jeff

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): [EMAIL PROTECTED]
e-mail (yahoo) : [EMAIL PROTECTED]