I seem to use my computer as much remotely as I do locally.  In addition, I
use PPPoE to run my internet connection and there are times when it gets
wonky.  I was just wondering if there was a perl script or something out
there that I could set in my crontab to mail me me ifconfig file every 15
minutes or so to tell me what my ip is.  I also use a dynamic dns service
dnsq.org, but if let's say my hotmail account got these messages, then I
would know then network connection was okay.  Will puting a .forward in my
/root directory do the trick?

Thanks
jenn