Mandrake 8.0 Bea requires a minimum Pentium processor.

And the module built for the 2.0 kernel of redHat 5.2 is NOT going to work
with a 2.4 kernel, which is why insmod failed.

You might be able to get Mandrake 5.3 somewhere or you could try RH 6.0, but
a 386 just isn't adequate for 8.0, nor is a 486.  It is compiled for a
Pentium class and up, exclusively, not just optimized for it.

Civileme