On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Stefan Buller wrote:

> I have a Crystal Audio PnP soundcard. Harddrake comes up with 3
> components:
>  Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC
>  Crystal PnP Audio System MPU-401
>  Crystal PnP Audio System Control Registers

> The CODEC seems to be fine, under Kernel Module the MPU-401 &
> Control Registers say: unknown.

> Any information on how to get a pnpdump or help fixing this
> problem would be appreciated. Thank you.

  Had the same trouble with the gui for my Crystal card, so I
went into a vt, logged in as root & ran /usr/sbin/sndconfig
instead.  This not only found the card & played the sounds, it
was going to install the correct module (though the gui was
goingt to install a different one which worked for a couple of
days, it stopped & simply wouldn't work at all).

  The reason I say "was going to install" is because the system
instead installed the lesser one that the gui used.  That's OK,
because it's been working fine.

  Use sndconfig -- you'll be pleased.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux