Subject: Baby Question - StarOffice
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:24:19 -0400
From: Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Quick coment on sugested processes to Install StarOffice_5.1a  in a Linux
Mandrake 7.0 environment:

1- /mnt/cdrom directory shown as empty. CD did not move inside drive.

2- DrakConf option: RPM packages shown on screen but no Staroffice-en or -fr
found.

What I did: Went through Gnome, and after a complex process (that I will try to
report  when I understand what I have done) involving
/opt/Office51/kde/applnk/StarOffice.kdelnk, the application was installed
inside the gnome section. To run the program, I look for the StarOffice icon
inside "Gnome and X Apps" and start it.
Now there is another situation. When I try to run it there is an error message
saying: "In the StarOffice 5.1 installation, the following file could not be
found: /home/daniel/Office51/sofficerc. When I try setup or repair to fix it,
it does not work. Is it because it is running under Gnome? Anyway is it possible
to transfer the application to the kde environment? Where can I find this
"soficerc" file and add to installed program? Would it work this way or should
I have to start installation all over again?

Thanks for your patience.
Daniel