Hi Adam ;

The file you are looking for is called XF86Config or XF86Config-4 depending on what
version of Mandrake and X you are using.

In that file is a pointer section .... the beginning of my section looks as follows:

The important parts to make your wheel work are

                Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
and             Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"

Give ita try and let me know how you are making out.

IngoOption "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"

Ingo

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section