Has anyone been able to upgrade the KDE files to 2.1.1?  I have tried three
times and the time wasted is not enjoyed. It ends up with a never ending list
of dependencies or I end up with an Xwindow that's broken and won't come up.
Maybe it is due to the XFree86 files but I don't think so. At any rate It
appears to be an impossible mission to upgrade, and in the process I lost my
sound somewhere.  The sound card is seen and recognized correctly but I can't
get a peep out of the speakers. It appears that I have no sound module, where
would I go to get it and install? TIA for any advice.
--
Dennis M. registered Linux user # 180842