> What I really meant was the diskette that you have the option to create
> at the end of the installation.  What you have boots you into a ram disk
> with minimal functionality.  The emergency boot disk created at the end
> of the installation knows all about your scsi controller/drive and boots
> you into your actual installation on the hard disk.
>
> What kind of scsi controller do you have?  Do you know which driver it
> needs?
>
> -Steve

Hey,
  Believe it or not, I got it working.  I re-ran the installation
program, and switched to virtual terminal #2 (a shell) after it was
done "Finding Available Packages" (or something like that) because
at that point my scsi disks were mounted.
  Then I made some symbolic links from /mnt/etc/lilo.conf to
/etc/lilo.conf and /mnt/boot to /boot and re-ran lilo, which re-did
my MBR, and now it works.
  The only problem was that I had to boot with an old kernel because
I couldn't run mkinitrd (it wasn't installed) which caused some errors
at bootup.
  But anyway, my computer boots up now. . .
  But there are a few more problems.  Please see Re: X upgrade problem

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
  cyberclay