On Saturday 07 April 2001 11:24, my mailbox was honoured by a missive from
you that said :

> While I am on the subject, where can I change permissions to allow non root
> users to shutdown from a terminal. (I am the only user.)

One way I found was to cp halt and reboot from /sbin to /bin, and the to
chmod +s /bin/halt and /bin/reboot

I dont know if the introduces security problems, but it certainly allows
EVERYONE to halt or reboot.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the rainy banks of the Paraguay River.
--
                      Blessed are they who expect nothing,
                       for they shall not be disapointed.