Thanks Civileme,  I quess I'll start saving for a different HD.  I am
currently using 7.2 , was going to try 8.0 beta but have no way to download
(no burner).  I did finally get to the second drive (also a WD 10.4) and
was able to get GRUB to work and can now go to either windows or Mandrake
7.2.  I had to set my motherboard to Load Fail-Safe Defaults and my
Mandrake disks worked.  but windows had a problem.  I reset the motherboard
to Load Optimized Defaults and can still use GRUB to get into Mandrake.  It
will have to do for now.  At least until 8.0 is out where I can get it.

Can boot magic be used as a bootloader ?  I have it and Partition Magic (it
says it can partition for Linux).  I haven't tried it yet.  Thanks again.

Maureen