Hello, I would be very grateful if anyone can enlighten me. I am trying to
update LyX. The update requires the above libstd... file (?), but when I try
to install that I get a load of warnings about it conflicting with a previous
version(?)/others already installed, and that a lot of other apps depend on
what is already installed.
It's looking like updating LyX isn't worth the bother, or even possible
without virtually updating everything else as well!
Any hints, instructions please. Compared to a year ago I'm having a much
better time with Linux, but I'm still pretty ignorant about this kind of
thing.

Regards, Alisdair.