On Tuesday 10 April 2001 06:36, you wrote:
> Yeah I agree with you Matties
> Gee at the moment I'm getting more than 50 or so mail a day and I'v been
> reading most of them but to me it sound like a place for the experts and
> not the idiots.
> For those who do read this no harm as I'm sure when I begin to understand
> more linux it will all make sense.

"NetBEUI is shipped with all versions of Microsoft's operating systems today
and is generally considered to have a lot of overhead. NetBEUI also has no
networking layer and therefore no routing capability, which means it is only
suitable for small networks; you cannot build internetworks with NetBEUI, and
so it is often replaced with TCP/IP." (Network + Study Guide, SYBEX 1999,
p.151).
--
-m-