I run Linux4Windows and I am happy with it. By comparison though it is
nowhere as fast as a full Linux 7.2 installation on a dedicated parition.
Currently, I have WindowsME on a 4GB drive and a slave with 30GB which I use
for raw video,music, and still photos for my video editing hobby. I want
Linux on its own drive but I am waiting after April, Taxman was very cruel
to me.

I haven't gotten a chance to try Linux with the Interent since I have a
"winmodem" which Linux doesn't work with,  with very few exceptions. When I
can I will purchase an external "hardware" modem. For the most part since I
run with 512MB RAM and Athlon 1GHz I really don't see much loss of speed
compared to Windows but compared to Linux on its own partition well I do see
a performance difference.

Linux4Windows is good and if harddrive space is at a premium and you don't
want to repartition it does the job.