Okay, this one stumped me for a while too, I'm ashamed
to say.

Unfortunately, my situation seems to be a bit simpler
than yours as it is on a home LAN with Win98 as the
print server.

But what I did was used the Samba web-based
configurator under Network Configuration.  Once I had
Samba configured properly and running, I was able to
easily add my Windows printer with kups.

Of course, the Windows printer needed file and print
sharing checked and the printer itself needed to be
shared.

I know that's probably not your situation, but
hopefully it helps.  I didn't try setting up any print
services for Unix through Windows.  If that's giving
you grief, why don't you try just setting up Samba on
your Linux box and using that to connect to Windows as
I did.

Specifically, you should need samba-client.  It
shouldn't be necessary for you to run a samba server
on your Linux box if you don't want to.  However, in
my situation, I run both.

Also note that the Cups documentation on
http://www.mandrakeuser.org is indeed very thorough
and quite helpful.