Hi all,

Has anyone here installed Apache and PHP on their Mandrake system? I
installed the rpms, and Apache is working. I can bring up the default
page, and I also configured it to read out of user 'www' directories on a
~username request. But when I went to add the lines in httpd.conf for PHP,
I started getting errors. Specifically, it appears that the PHP module
does not exist. I can find a php binary in /usr/bin, and there are a
couple of PHP extensions in /usr/lib/php (for mySql and something else,
IIRC). However, there does not appear to be a libphp4.so, or whatever the
file is called that Apache is looking for.

I can get more details if anyone needs them. But what I really would like
is a how-to so I can do it myself. The Apache and PHP docs all assume that
I am going to compile the source myself, but I assume that since Mandrake
included the rpms, that this is not necessary.

So, any pointers?

Dave
--
"...[W]e preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and
foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews