>but the question is..with 2way satellite web service on
>the horizon now,what type modems will they require. From what I've
seen so
>far it looks like usb. What are the odds one of these will work in
Linux?

For the one I've seen, exactly zilch. Nada, fugedaboudit. Reading the
fine print reveals that Microsoft is one of the primary financial
backers of the service. And the tech support people were absolutely
not forthcoming with details, so getting enough info to write the
driver software is unlikely.

Of course, that may be just the guys in my area. If There is someone
else getting intot he market things could be different with them.

MB