On Sunday 15 April 2001 19:12, you wrote:

> seems like the first partition (hda1) is filling up and I don't know
> why?   I dumped as many old log files as I felt safe doing (which

Well, /var is definitely part of / in your setup, so I would look there,
particularly in /var/log, see if there are files that are growing without
bound in there. logrotate should compress older files, and delete files
that are >30 days old. But you might run out of room before then :(.

Also  you might want to look in /tmp.