I'm posting this here initially because this suggestion might be a bit naive
and I don't specifically want to bother Mandrake if it is; I'd rather bother
you folks :P....

I installed 8.0 last night, and as per many suggestions in the past I didn't
to an upgrade I just did a full blown re-install of everything but /home....

However, I was thinking, would it be too terrible hard for Mandrake to do an
intelligent installation where it would remember the following small list of
items when doing an install:

        - what keyboard you are using
        - what time zone you are in
        - what kind of mouse you are using
        - keep your /etc/hosts file

and not have to ask you again - or maybe it would ask you if you would like
to retain these settings before continuing.

Besides that, 8.0 seems really nice, those pictures during the install were
really quite amusing...