I just installed the RC1 release - it all went fairly smooth, but I have
one problem - my USB scanner was detected as a SCSI device - its an HP
Scanjet 5300C - just barely supported by sane, but getting closer. An
"unknown" device was detected on my USB ports, so I am guessing that
HardDrake found the device, but hasn't identified it correctly. The SCSI
port reports the actual model, so it knows its there, but xsane thinks
there is no device present. Any suggestions as to what/where I can start
looking at to make sure the device is detected correctly ? I want to try
and see if I install VMWare for my Windows software  that the scanner can
be operated that way, but if the device isn't properly recognized, I don't
think it will work.

Thanks,
Philomena