Todd Flinders wrote:
I cannot access my zip or floppy drives, even when logged in as root.
The message I get is "input/output error." While researching this issue,
the only hint I found was "try a different disk, you probably have a bad
one in the drive." But, the floppy is a Mandrake boot disk, created in
Mandrake 7.2; I use it to boot my machine (GRUB problem with hda,
subject of another post) and it works fine.

When I do an ls -l of the /mnt directory, both the floppy and zip are
shown as having a size of 0.

Clues, anybody? By the way, I did add myself to the floppy group, and
there is *no* zip group listed.

Hoping this post doesn't bounce back like my previous attempt,
Jay DeKing