Barbara,

The compiler is telling you it's confused and doesn't know for certain
whether it's supposed to do the job or not. Open the file Makefile and
check to make sure which compiler is being referenced in the file. specify
either gcc or g++.

--

Mark
*****

"what knowledge I have managed to accumlate over the years
at times becomes obscured and even hidden amidst the vast
emotional onslaught of my children. You never finish being a parent.  :)"